Tips for writing on social issues
- Pick up an issue/problem that you think is important to address i.e. poverty, unemployment, poor water and sanitation condition, lack of health and education facilities etc.
- Start thinking on the issue that why a specific issue is so important
- Do research work to figure-out the magnitude of the issue e.g. 58 percent of the population live below the poverty line. The number ‘58 percent’ represent scale of the problem/issue
- Chalk-out reasons or root causes of that specific issue
- Figure out that how a specific issue is impacting the lives of common people
- Give a logical conclusion
- In the end of your article chalk-out your recommendations/ proposals to solve that specific issues
- Keep your sentences short
- Write in sequential manner that your next sentence or paragraph must support the previous one.
- In the start of your article give ‘punch line’ of your article, which have a powerful message